Panama City Felony Attorney
We Will Defend Your Freedom
Being charged with a felony in Panama City can be an overwhelming experience. Our team of experienced attorneys is here to help you navigate the legal process and protect your rights.
We have extensive experience representing clients in all types of felony cases, from drug offenses and white collar crimes to violent crimes such as assault and murder. Our team will work diligently to investigate every aspect of your case, uncover any evidence that may be used in your defense, and develop a strategy for achieving the best possible outcome for you or a loved one who has been charged with a felony offense.
Felonies in Florida
In Florida, criminal conduct is divided into two categories: misdemeanors and felonies. While a misdemeanor carries lighter penalties, felonies can carry longer prison sentences, high fines, and, in some cases, the death penalty.
Felonies in Florida are divided into five categories:
- Capital – Capital felonies include first-degree murder, capital drug trafficking, and armed kidnapping. Sentences can include life imprisonment or death.
- Life – Life felonies include kidnapping a child under 13 and committing a sex offense, sex trafficking involving minors, and other aggravated sex crimes against minors. Sentences can include life imprisonment and a fine of up to $15,000.
- First-degree felony – First-degree felonies include aggravated battery of a law enforcement officer, aggravated child abuse, and burglary with assault or battery. These crimes are punishable by up to 30 years in prison and a fine of up to $10,000.
- Second-degree felony – Second-degree felonies include aggravated battery, burglary of a dwelling, and selling marijuana to a minor. These crimes are punishable by up to 15 years in prison, 15 years of probation, and a fine of up to $10,000.
- Third-degree felony – Third-degree felonies can include carrying a concealed firearm without a license, third-time DUI within 10 years of a previous DUI conviction, and grand theft. These crimes are punishable by up to 5 years in prison, 5 years of probation, and a fine of up to $5,000.
Having a felony on your record can also carry long-term – even lifelong – consequences. It can jeopardize your ability to obtain student loans, get a job, vote, own a firearm, or buy or rent a home. If you are accused of a felony offense, it is critical that you hire a criminal defense attorney with experience defending against felony charges.
Call (850) 215-5200 for Felony Defense in Panama City
At Shepard Law, our experienced attorneys have a long and successful track record of defending clients against felony charges in Panama City and the surrounding areas. As a former prosecutor, Mr. Shepard is extremely familiar with the legal system and understands how prosecutors build their cases.
With serious felonies making up approximately three-quarters of our caseload, we have the knowledge and experience to help defend your rights in court and build an aggressive defense strategy to fight for the best possible outcome. We understand what is at stake when you or a loved one is facing criminal prosecution.
If you are facing a felony charge in Panama City, it’s vital that you reach out to us as soon as possible. Contact us online or call us at (850) 215-5200 to schedule a free consultation.
Get the Get Peace of Mind When You Hire Our Team.
“Rusty Shepard is the best. So compassionate and so effective. I highly recommend him. Terrific results both times he represented my daughter.
” - S. A.
“Such a great team! Helped us every step of the way and communication was perfect. So thankful for the help from Shepard Law. My family and I are very pleased with their work. Definitely recommend. Good work guys!
” - Karen B.
“Rusty is very personable and accommodating. He made himself available on short notice and met with me after hours. He told me not to worry and got everything dismissed in court this morning! Thank you Rusty and Lisa!!!
” - Lauren F.
Free Initial Consultation
Over Two Decades of Experience
Superb Rating on Avvo
Handled 5000+ Cases
Protecting Your Rights
We have successfully handled over 5,000 criminal cases and can find a solution that works for you.
If you are interested in finding out more information on how we can help you, click below to learn more about us.
Facing Criminal Charges?
We are available 24/7 to give our clients dedicated representation and guidance in their times of need.
Defending your rights
and your future
- Criminal Defense,
- Weapons Crimes,
- Weapons Crimes Defense,
- Weapons Crimes Penalties
Being accused of any crime can have serious repercussions, but crimes involving weapons can be a great deal more damaging. The penalties for weapons crimes in Florida are often harsh, sometimes resulting in decades behind bars or extremely steep fines. To protect your rights and your future, learn more about the possible consequences of a criminal ...
Shepard Law Helps with Push to Donate School Supplies to Underprivileged Children
The team at Shepard Law have been a major participant and co-sponsors in a charitable effort to provide underprivileged schoolchildren with supplies for the coming year. The firm partnered with iHeart Radio affiliates in Panama City to donate more than 500 backpacks full of school supplies. Shepard Law also offered a ticket to Shipwreck Island ...
- Spring Break
Spring break has long been associated with great parties and free-flowing alcohol. As a result, it should come as no surprise that DUI is also closely associated with spring break, at least in the eyes of law enforcement. In this blog, our Panama City DUI defense attorneys take a look at what you should do if you've been arrested for DUI on spring ...