As a former Assistant State Attorney, Mr. Shepard is able to anticipate the tactics and strategies used by prosecutors and law enforcement officers allowing weaknesses in the State's case to be isolated and exploited.
Mr. Shepard has handled literally thousands of criminal cases in Florida's 14th Judicial Circuit (over 6,000 at last count). Mr. Shepard regularly represents clients charged with offenses ranging from misdemeanor theft crimes and DUI to serious felony violent offenses that are subject to Florida's 10-20-Life law.
Prior to law school Mr. Shepard worked as a political consultant for a national political committee and respective United States Senate candidates in Washington, DC.
Additionally, Mr. Shepard served in the Washington, DC based political affairs office of Astrum International, the parent company of Samsonite, Culligan International and the 500 Fashion Group.
Contact Attorney Shepard to get started on your free consultation.
Bar Admission & Education
- Bachelor of Arts, University of Arizona, 1993
- Juris Doctor, Florida State University College of Law, 2000
- The Florida Bar, 2000
- United States District Court, Northern District of Florida, 2004
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit, 2004.
- Member, Honorable Order of Kentucky Colonels (Commissioned 1990)
- Member, Law Related Education Committee of the Florida Bar (2003-2009)
- President, Bay County Bar Association (2007-2010)
- Recipient, Florida Bar President's Pro Bono Service Award ( 2011)
- Member, The National Trial Lawyers Top 100 Trial Lawyers (2013-15)
- Member, 14th Judicial Circuit Pro Bono Committee (2013)
- Bencher, St. Andrews Bay Inns of Court
- Member, Criminal Justice Section, American Bar Association
- Member, Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- 10.0 for 10.0 "Superb" rated by Avvo (2013-15)
- "Nationally Ranked Superior DUI Attorney" and "Top 100 DUI Attorneys - Northern Florida" as recognized by The National Advocacy for DUI Defense (2014-15)
- President, Bay County Criminal Defense Bar (2011-2015)
- Chapter Representative, Bay County Criminal Defense Bar (2015-2016)
- Featured as "One to Watch" by Bay Life Magazine
- Featured as one of "The New Vanguard: The Smart & Savvy" by Panama City Living Magazine
- Legal Commentator:
- WMBB/News-13 (ABC)
- WJHG/News Channel 7 (NBC)
- Law Call, a live weekly call-in show
- Former Assistant State Attorney
Mr. Shepard regularly handles cases in Bay (Panama City), Calhoun (Blountstown), Gulf (Port St. Joe), Holmes (Bonifay), Jackson (Marianna), Walton (DeFuniak Springs) and Washington (Chipley) counties.