Attorney Rusty Shepard
As a former Assistant State Attorney, Mr. Shepard is able to anticipate the tactics and strategies used by prosecutors and law enforcement officers allowing weaknesses in the State's case to be isolated and exploited.
Mr. Shepard has handled literally thousands of criminal cases in Florida's 14th Judicial Circuit (over 6,000 at last count). Mr. Shepard regularly represents clients charged with offenses ranging from misdemeanor theft crimes and DUI to serious felony violent offenses that are subject to Florida's 10-20-Life law.
Prior to law school Mr. Shepard worked as a political consultant for a national political committee and respective United States Senate candidates in Washington, DC.
Additionally, Mr. Shepard served in the Washington, DC based political affairs office of Astrum International, the parent company of Samsonite, Culligan International and the 500 Fashion Group.
Contact Attorney Shepard to get started on your free consultation.
Bar Admission & Education
- Bachelor of Arts, University of Arizona, 1993
- Juris Doctor, Florida State University College of Law, 2000
- The Florida Bar, 2000
- United States District Court, Northern District of Florida, 2004
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit, 2004.
- Member, Honorable Order of Kentucky Colonels (Commissioned 1990)
- Member, Law Related Education Committee of the Florida Bar (2003-2009)
- President, Bay County Bar Association (2007-2010)
- Recipient, Florida Bar President's Pro Bono Service Award ( 2011)
- Member, The National Trial Lawyers Top 100 Trial Lawyers (2013-15)
- Member, 14th Judicial Circuit Pro Bono Committee (2013)
- Bencher, St. Andrews Bay Inns of Court
- Member, Criminal Justice Section, American Bar Association
- Member, Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- 10.0 for 10.0 "Superb" rated by Avvo (2013-15)
- "Nationally Ranked Superior DUI Attorney" and "Top 100 DUI Attorneys - Northern Florida" as recognized by The National Advocacy for DUI Defense (2014-15)
- President, Bay County Criminal Defense Bar (2011-2015)
- Chapter Representative, Bay County Criminal Defense Bar (2015-2016)
- Featured as "One to Watch" by Bay Life Magazine
- Featured as one of "The New Vanguard: The Smart & Savvy" by Panama City Living Magazine
- WMBB/News-13 (ABC)
- WJHG/News Channel 7 (NBC)
- Law Call, a live weekly call-in show
- Former Assistant State Attorney
Mr. Shepard regularly handles cases in Bay (Panama City), Calhoun (Blountstown), Gulf (Port St. Joe), Holmes (Bonifay), Jackson (Marianna), Walton (DeFuniak Springs) and Washington (Chipley) counties.
Don't Wait to Get Started on Your Case. Contact Attorney Shepard Today for a Free Consultation.
“Absolutely the BEST attorney in Bay County. I have used the firm many times over the years and they're always helpful and considerate.
” - William E.
“Shepard Law is phenomenal! First class customer service; prompt, onetime and extremely professional. Shepard Law knows the law, navigates the legal system efficiently and are very pleasant people to deal with.
” - Harry I.
“They gained my trust day one working with them. Everyone here are wonderful at what they do. And anytime I had a question, I sent them an email, and they would call me by close of the business day.” - Raymond V.
Free Initial Consultation
Over Two Decades of Experience
Superb Rating on Avvo
Handled 5000+ Cases
Protecting Your Rights
We have successfully handled over 5,000 criminal cases and can find a solution that works for you.
If you are interested in finding out more information on how we can help you, click below to learn more about us.
Facing Criminal Charges?
We are available 24/7 to give our clients dedicated representation and guidance in their times of need.
- Criminal Defense,
- Weapons Crimes,
- Weapons Crimes Defense,
- Weapons Crimes Penalties
Being accused of any crime can have serious repercussions, but crimes involving weapons can be a great deal more damaging. The penalties for weapons crimes in Florida are often harsh, sometimes resulting in decades behind bars or extremely steep fines. To protect your rights and your future, learn more about the possible consequences of a criminal ...
Shepard Law Helps with Push to Donate School Supplies to Underprivileged Children
The team at Shepard Law have been a major participant and co-sponsors in a charitable effort to provide underprivileged schoolchildren with supplies for the coming year. The firm partnered with iHeart Radio affiliates in Panama City to donate more than 500 backpacks full of school supplies. Shepard Law also offered a ticket to Shipwreck Island ...
- Spring Break
Spring break has long been associated with great parties and free-flowing alcohol. As a result, it should come as no surprise that DUI is also closely associated with spring break, at least in the eyes of law enforcement. In this blog, our Panama City DUI defense attorneys take a look at what you should do if you've been arrested for DUI on spring ...