Attorney Rusty Shepard
As a former Assistant State Attorney, Mr. Shepard is able to anticipate the tactics and strategies used by prosecutors and law enforcement officers allowing weaknesses in the State's case to be isolated and exploited.
Mr. Shepard has handled literally thousands of criminal cases in Florida's 14th Judicial Circuit (over 6,000 at last count). Mr. Shepard regularly represents clients charged with offenses ranging from misdemeanor theft crimes and DUI to serious felony violent offenses that are subject to Florida's 10-20-Life law.
Prior to law school Mr. Shepard worked as a political consultant for a national political committee and respective United States Senate candidates in Washington, DC.
Additionally, Mr. Shepard served in the Washington, DC based political affairs office of Astrum International, the parent company of Samsonite, Culligan International and the 500 Fashion Group.
Contact Attorney Shepard to get started on your free consultation.
Bar Admission & Education
- Bachelor of Arts, University of Arizona, 1993
- Juris Doctor, Florida State University College of Law, 2000
- The Florida Bar, 2000
- United States District Court, Northern District of Florida, 2004
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit, 2004.
- Member, Honorable Order of Kentucky Colonels (Commissioned 1990)
- Member, Law Related Education Committee of the Florida Bar (2003-2009)
- President, Bay County Bar Association (2007-2010)
- Recipient, Florida Bar President's Pro Bono Service Award ( 2011)
- Member, The National Trial Lawyers Top 100 Trial Lawyers (2013-15)
- Member, 14th Judicial Circuit Pro Bono Committee (2013)
- Bencher, St. Andrews Bay Inns of Court
- Member, Criminal Justice Section, American Bar Association
- Member, Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- 10.0 for 10.0 "Superb" rated by Avvo (2013-15)
- "Nationally Ranked Superior DUI Attorney" and "Top 100 DUI Attorneys - Northern Florida" as recognized by The National Advocacy for DUI Defense (2014-15)
- President, Bay County Criminal Defense Bar (2011-2015)
- Chapter Representative, Bay County Criminal Defense Bar (2015-2016)
- Featured as "One to Watch" by Bay Life Magazine
- Featured as one of "The New Vanguard: The Smart & Savvy" by Panama City Living Magazine
- WMBB/News-13 (ABC)
- WJHG/News Channel 7 (NBC)
- Law Call, a live weekly call-in show
- Former Assistant State Attorney
Mr. Shepard regularly handles cases in Bay (Panama City), Calhoun (Blountstown), Gulf (Port St. Joe), Holmes (Bonifay), Jackson (Marianna), Walton (DeFuniak Springs) and Washington (Chipley) counties.
Don't Wait to Get Started on Your Case. Contact Attorney Shepard Today for a Free Consultation.
“This firm is the best all around! I highly recommend Mr Shepard and his staff.
” - Amanda D.
“Shepard Law is phenomenal! First class customer service; prompt, onetime and extremely professional. Shepard Law knows the law, navigates the legal system efficiently and are very pleasant people to deal with.
” - Harry I.
“Very efficient and friendly people. They didn't slow walk or drag my case on and on. I feel confident about their integrity. Mr Shepard worked hard for me and gave me great advice. He is an intelligent and unselfish man.” - Former Client
Free Initial Consultation
Over Two Decades of Experience
Superb Rating on Avvo
Handled 5000+ Cases
Protecting Your Rights
We have successfully handled over 5,000 criminal cases and can find a solution that works for you.
If you are interested in finding out more information on how we can help you, click below to learn more about us.
Facing Criminal Charges?
We are available 24/7 to give our clients dedicated representation and guidance in their times of need.
- Criminal Defense
At Shepard Law, we understand that facing criminal charges can be an overwhelming and distressing experience. The consequences of a conviction can have a profound impact on your life, affecting your personal and professional reputation, as well as your future opportunities. That is why we are committed to providing skillful defense strategies to ...
- Criminal Defense
Plea bargaining is a crucial aspect of the criminal justice system that allows defendants to negotiate with prosecutors for a reduced sentence or lesser charges. However, it is essential to understand the pros and cons of plea bargaining before making any decisions. In this blog post, we will explore the ins and outs of plea bargaining, providing ...
How Social Media Can Harm Your Ongoing Criminal Case
Social media has become an integral part of our lives, and it's hard to imagine a day without it. However, if you are facing criminal charges , social media can do more harm than good. It's essential to understand how social media can affect your ongoing criminal case and take necessary precautions to avoid any complications. In this blog post, ...