Why Choose Shepard Law?
After an arrest in the Panama City area, it is important to hire an attorney who will
defend your rights, help you navigate the criminal justice system and
work with you to avoid a conviction. Choosing the right attorney is crucial.
So why choose Shepard Law?
Attorney Rusty Shepard
Mr. Shepard has handled thousands of criminal cases over the course of
his career ranging from Disorderly Conduct to First Degree Premeditated Murder.
Mr. Shepard regularly handles cases in Bay (Panama City), Calhoun (Blountstown),
Gulf (Port St. Joe), Holmes (Bonifay), Jackson (Marianna), Walton (DeFuniak
Springs) and Washington (Chipley) counties.
- President, Bay County Criminal Defense Bar (2011-Present)
- 10.0 Superb by Avvo rating (2013, 2014)
- Member, Tha National Trial Lawyers Top 100 Trial Lawyers (2013, 2014)
- President, Bay County Bar Association (2007-2010)
- Member, 14th Judicial Circuit Pro Bono Committee (2013)
- Member, Law Related Education Committee of the Florida Bar (2003-2009)
- Bencher, St. Andrews Bay Inns of Court
- Member, Criminal Justice Section, American Bar Association
- Member, Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Recipient, Florida Bar President's Pro Bono Service Award ( 2011)
- Featured as "One to Watch" by Bay Life Magazine
- Featured as one of "The New Vanguard: The Smart & Savvy"
by Panama City Living Magazine
- Member, Honorable Order of Kentucky Colonels (Commissioned 1990)
- Legal Commentator:
- - WMBB/News-13 (ABC)
- - WJHG/News Channel 7 (NBC)
- - Law Call, a live weekly call-in show
- Former Assistant State Attorney
The Florida Bar, 2000
United States District Court, Northern District of Florida, 2004
United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit, 2004.
Juris Doctor, Florida State University College of Law, 2000
Bachelor of Arts, University of Arizona, 1993
Prior to law school Mr. Shepard worked as a political consultant for a
national political committee and respective United States Senate candidates
in Washington, DC. Additionally, Mr. Shepard served in the Washington,
DC based political affairs office of Astrum International, the parent
company of Samsonite, Culligan International and the 500 Fashion Group.
As a former Assistant State Attorney, Mr. Shepard is able to anticipate
the tactics and strategies used by prosecutors and law enforcement officers
allowing weaknesses in the State's case to be isolated and exploited.
Mr. Shepard has handled literally thousands of criminal cases in Florida's
14th Judicial Circuit (over 5,000 at last count). Mr. Shepard regularly
represents clients charged with offenses ranging from misdemeanor
theft crimes and DUI to serious felony
violent offenses that are subject to Florida's 10-20-Life law. Regardless of whether
your case is in Panama City, Blountstown, Bonifay, Port St. Joe, Marianna,
DeFuniak Springs or Chipley, Mr. Shepard and the dedicated paralegal staff
at Shepard Law, are ready to handle your case and defend your rights.
View the firm's profile at